Welp, here comes the close of 2010, and it seemed to have passed by rather quickly. Only feels like yesterday that we were ushering in the new year and saying “Here’s to 2010!”
Anyhoo, with the new year comes new opportunities, new friends, and most importantly, new goals. I’m using my blog as a launching pad for what I want to accomplish in the new year, and I will be doing a monthly update just to make sure I stay on track and I am accountable for my own words.
Here’s my list of goals:
- Blog more. I have not been consistent with my blog and it seems to have fallen by the wayside, but I want to establish a bigger presence in the Toronto blogging scene, just to say that I have. I want to continue reading up on technology and marketing and video games and making sure that I give my commentary on each. It may not be read, but at least it helps me organize my thoughts.
TASK: Blog at least once a week for the next 52 weeks. Bonus points for more than once a week.
- Attend more events. I skipped out on too many events this year; laziness and a lack of money really held me back from attending more events and meeting more of the great people we have in Toronto. Going to change that this year.
TASK: Go to at least 80% of major Toronto social events this year, no excuses.
- Become more active. I have not visited the gym since April of 2010, and it is really starting to affect me in a negative way. Going to sign up for the YMCA again and get my metropass and start doing morning gym runs again. It’s going to be difficult to go to the gym so early, but whatever, gotta do what you gotta do.
TASK: Go to the gym three times a week. At least.
- Travel. Since I graduated from school, I haven’t had the opportunity to really go to different places outside of North America, so I want to take this year as an opportunity to do some light traveling when I can.
TASK: Leave the continent at least once this year. Bonus points for doing it as cheaply as possible!
- Develop a new skill. This year, I spent an inordinate amount of time cooking random things and not really trying to learn, so I’m going to spend a bit of time and money to dedicate myself to a specific skill. I’m thinking of learning the piano. Also, I want to continue developing my cooking so that I can cook without a recipe.
TASK: Learn a new skill and be proficient at it by the year’s end.
- Be awesome at work. Having recently started at TWG, I have loved every single minute of my time there. However, I don’t want to disappoint the awesome guys and gals there, so I’m making it a mission to do everything in my power to kick inordinate amounts of ass for the next year. Profitable? Going to make it rain money.
TASK: Achieve all business goals.
There we go, six rather large tasks for me to complete for 2011. Like I said, I will check in once a month to talk about progress and difficulties that I may have, it will keep me accountable for all of my goals!
Want to join in? Let me know! Maybe we can make a support group if there are enough people!
Happy new year everyone!