Yesterday was my birthday.
Typically, I don’t acknowledge it or make a big deal, but yesterday was really fun. It was a work day, but it was just so… satisfying. Here’s the gist of it:
- Midnight phone call from my better half
- Stepping out of my door and sinking into a full foot of snow
- Seeing the stark contrast between our game today and our game two weeks ago
- Logging onto Facebook, seeing dozens of messages, and logging right out of Facebook
- Awesome birthday cake (as pictured above) from the team
- First win at Pandemic, after two false starts, during game night
- Arriving home to find my Kindle Paperwhite had arrived, two days after ordering
Just a happy, happy day.
Thank you to everyone who spent the time to say hello and send their love, I will respond to everything. I swear.
After an incredible celebratory weekend (for my birthday!) I took the time to count up all of the touch points people had with me throughout. Here’s the quick run down:
- 209 Facebook wall posts
- 54 Twitter mentions
- 18 text messages
- 2 phone calls
- 1 voicemail
And I had plenty of interactions in real life too, so there are definitely some non-trackable points there.
I am incredibly humbled to have such wonderful people in my life who spend a bit of time out of their busy days to wish me a happy birthday in one way or another. As per usual, my presents is your presence.
Thank you for the awesome year, here’s to another one.
As usual: here’s me ruining my sweet messages with my ugly mug.